IO Stamps

IO Challenge Oh My Stars

Hello friends and Welcome to another challenge from Impression Obsession!  This weeks challenge is "Oh My Stars"

Yesterday was the Birthday of the US Flag, US Army and President Trump!  What a day!!!!!

4th of July is my favorite holiday.  Anything Patriotic is a DEFINITE purchase for me.  SO, when I saw these stamps and dies from Impression Obsession I HAD to have them!!!!!  HAD! TO!

The first card I have uses dies only, well I used a cover a card Cloud, but the white craft ink didn't show up so I'll stick with the "just dies" story!

I used the Tim Holtz Oxide Broken China ink, spritzed with water and then added my dies. DIE554-T US Flag and DIE546-X Land of the Free are the dies used. I created the flag in one dimension.  For the star area I kept the stars in the white box that cuts out, used my Stampin Up glue pen and placed it in the open area.  I let it sit for a minute with a block on top.  I then took my piercing tool, carefully lifted the corner and one by one placed my piercing tool on each star to hold them down while I peeled the white panel off.  I then took and ran the die through my machine with red and blue papers.  I popped out all of the stars and laid the blue panel over the white stars, perfectly lined up.  MUCH easier than trying to hold onto those itty bitty stars. ;)  Red stripes were then put in place.  YAY! The words are self explanatory!



For my next card I used the K1021 - Patriotic Outhouse for my image!   I stamped the image using IO Hybrid ink in Black, colored with Copic markers, tore around the image, then took Aged Paper Oxide ink and added it to the edges.  I then sprayed the ink heavily with water and blotted with tissue to lift it some.  I used UTEE in clear twice, popped it in the freezer then pulled it out for a cracked glass appearance.  Swiped some TH Oxide Walnut over the cracks and wiped off the extra.  I stamped CC041 Distressed Lines on my card base and used my SUPER adhesive to attach my image panel.

I have switched to only the IO Hybrid black for ALL of my stamping needs.  It's perfect for Copic, Watercolors, Pencil, Distressing.... if you can do it with ink you can do it with the new IO Hybrid inks!!!!  LOVE THEM!!!!!

There ya have em!  Two SUPER Patriotic cards to celebrate this BEAUTIFUL Country!!!!

Make sure you pop in to see all the teams cards for this challenge!  Some TRUE Beauties!!!!

KJ


Kelli Hull (Me)

3 comments:

  1. Your flag card took a lot of work but the end result is perfect. I so enjoyed the coloring on the Patriotic Outhouse card. I love this card so much and the cracked glass technique is unique. Will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...